Author : aflanagan
Defining Food Allergy vs. Food Intolerance
There is growing interest in the area of food allergy and food intolerance: in the United States, 25% of adults believe they have a food allergy, despite the actual incidence rate of diagnoses being 2-3% (1). A common issue which explains such a discrepancy between diagnosis rates and self-reported incidence...Read More
How Your Circadian Rhythm Can Disrupt Your Diet
What is Your “Circadian Rhythm”? Humans (and all organisms) have an organization to physiological processes that are primarily anchored around two environmental contrasts: the 24-hour cycle of light and darkness. The cycle of light and darkness corresponds to behavioral changes: the light period is also the waking, active, and food...Read More
Nutrition in the Prevention and Treatment of Type-2 Disease
(Always consult your physician before starting a new diet. This includes using the recommendations from our macro calculator.) In the epidemic of non-communicable diet and lifestyle disease, type-2 diabetes [“diabetes”] has emerged as a particular scourge: the leading cause of death under 60-years of age, and an annual cost of...Read More
9 Foods That Are Beneficial For Cognitive Health
Sometimes we need reminding that food has powerful impacts on our health. What if I told you that blueberries can make you have a better memory? What if I told you dark chocolate could improve your concentration? And what if I told you that to date, 99.6% of pharmaceutical drugs...Read More
- What is Total Daily Energy Expenditure Calculator (TDEE)?
- BMR vs TDEE | What is BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate)?
- How to Start IIFYM Today • Calculate Your Macros
- Do I Add Back Calories I Burn During Exercise?
- Bmi Vs Body Fat Can I Lose Fat Quickly?
- What Is The TDEE Formula & How is it Related To BMR?
- Macronutrients And Macro Calculators – Avoid The Pitfalls
- What Is BMR And What Does It Tell You