Author : Joel
Orthorexia Nervosa: The Dark Side of Dieting
The first documented dieting book for weight loss was published over 150 years ago, called "The Banting Diet: Letter of Corpulence" (1). It starts out by referring to obesity as the most parasitic phenomenon of humanity (1). This was at a time when obesity wasn't understood or even thought of...Read More
Counting Macros: Here are the ‘Should Ask Questions’
Ah, welcome to the world of counting macros. It can be daunting with so much information out there, but with time, counting macros can be easy. With that said here are the questions you should be asking in regards to counting macros: (*Before starting any new diet plan, please consult...Read More
Do Carbs at Night Make You Fat?
This is something that I’ve been meaning to write about for a long time because this is just about the most ignorant dietary myth that's still around and I hear it over and over again. Don’t eat carbs after ‘X’ o’clock because it will turn into adipose tissue. I mean...Read More
Why Meal Timing DOES MATTER (Sort of)!!!
1. Meal Frequency: Why it DOES Matter “Forget about meal frequency man, it doesn’t matter.” What a turn around we’ve had in the fitness and nutrition industry in the last few years. I remember 6 years ago, when I was starting out in personal training, the advice I (and 99%...Read More
Tracking Macros for Bulk and Complex Meals
If you’re familiar and comfortable with flexible dieting, logging and tracking your meals then counting macronutrients is a breeze by now. If you’re newer, and still unsure where to begin, check out our IIFYM macro calculator to get started, or talk to one of our coaches and they can get...Read More
- Top 10 Healthy Foods For Weight Loss With PCOS
- Best 9 Foods For Healthy Weight Loss During Menopause
- How Changing Your Diet Can Help Fight Inflammation
- What's The Best Protein For You? – Part 2
- The PCOS Playbook: How to Make Progress with IIFYM
- What Should I Eat on the Keto Diet?
- What's The Best Protein For You? – Part 1
- Are You Getting Enough Vitamin D?