Author : aflanagan
Defining Food Allergy vs. Food Intolerance
There is growing interest in the area of food allergy and food intolerance: in the United States, 25% of adults believe they have a food allergy, despite the actual incidence rate of diagnoses being 2-3% (1). A common issue which explains such a discrepancy between diagnosis rates and self-reported incidence...Read More
How Your Circadian Rhythm Can Disrupt Your Diet
What is Your “Circadian Rhythm”? Humans (and all organisms) have an organization to physiological processes that are primarily anchored around two environmental contrasts: the 24-hour cycle of light and darkness. The cycle of light and darkness corresponds to behavioral changes: the light period is also the waking, active, and food...Read More
Nutrition in the Prevention and Treatment of Type-2 Disease
(Always consult your physician before starting a new diet. This includes using the recommendations from our macro calculator.) In the epidemic of non-communicable diet and lifestyle disease, type-2 diabetes [“diabetes”] has emerged as a particular scourge: the leading cause of death under 60-years of age, and an annual cost of...Read More
9 Foods That Are Beneficial For Cognitive Health
Sometimes we need reminding that food has powerful impacts on our health. What if I told you that blueberries can make you have a better memory? What if I told you dark chocolate could improve your concentration? And what if I told you that to date, 99.6% of pharmaceutical drugs...Read More
- BMR vs TDEE | What is BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate)?
- What's The Bmr Formula? Can You Lose Weight By…
- BMR vs RMR | Here's Your Answer!
- Rmr Vs Bmr and Calculating Your Macros Effectively
- How To Calculate My Bmr and Tdee For Weight Loss?
- What is Total Daily Energy Expenditure Calculator (TDEE)?
- What Is The TDEE Formula & How is it Related To BMR?
- How To Effectively Use The BMR To Lose Weight