Bacon, Cheese, & Onion Savoury Muffins
Prep Time: 20 mins.
Total Time: 40 mins.
- Serving Size1 Muffin (~89g)
These savoury muffins are a great way to start your morning! With a nice balance of macros, while also giving you the ability to alter the recipe to add more protein. These savoury muffins will provide you with a lot of great nutrients to start off the day.
Beyond that, these savoury muffins are flavorful and easy to prepare!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt a small amount of butter in a frying pan on a low- medium heat and fry ham/bacon (you can sub turkey bacon).
- Add the onion and fry until soft and translucent and then transfer bacon/ham & onion to kitchen towel to soak up any excess fat.
- Melt the remaining butter in pan.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt & pepper in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs and milk together in a jug, add to the dry mixture a little at a time until combined.
- Add the additional melted butter and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the fried onions, bacon, and 2/3 of the cheese.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the muffins are set and golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- 120g - bacon/ham pieces
- 80g - onion, diced
- 30g - unsalted butter
- 300g - plain flour
- 1 tbsp (14.38g) - baking powder
- 2 (114g) - large eggs
- 250ml (~258g) - 1% milk
- 150g - cheddar cheese, shredded