Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
Prep Time: 20
Total Time: 40
- Serving Size636g
It’s finally Fall, which means that soups and stews are back! This lemon chicken orzo soup falls under that umbrella and is perfect for this time of year. Beyond being a great dish for the Fall, this lemon chicken orzo soup is, of course, macro-friendly. It’s a fantastic flexible dieting meal, especially for those who are low on fat and need to hit their protein and carbs!
- Place chicken and 1/2 cup of chicken broth in slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high.
- Meanwhile dice onion, celery and carrot and place into large pot on medium/high heat (be sure to add a little oil if your pots and pans require it!).
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until onion becomes translucent & vegetables become soft.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice and zest to the vegetable mix.
- Add paprika, salt, pepper and parsley to the soup then bring to a simmer.
- Once the soup has reached a simmer, add the orzo pasta & baby spinach leaves and let it simmer for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked through, remove from slow cooker and shred before adding to the soup mix.
- Stir carefully to combine.
- Serve & enjoy.
- 100g - white onion, diced
- 100g - carrots, cut into rounds
- 100g - celery, cut into half moons
- 10g - minced garlic
- 300g - chicken breast (slow cooked & shredded)
- 2 cups (~480g) - low sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 100g - orzo pasta
- 1 cup (~30g) - baby spinach leaves
- 51g - juice and zest of 1 medium sized lemon
- - Worcestershire sauce- to taste
- - parsley
- - paprika
- - salt & pepper
- - juice and zest of 1 lemon